Subject: Re: [boost] [1.47.0] Release branch now closed
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-15 12:21:07

Hi Rene,

On 13-6-2011 17:26, Rene Rivera wrote:
> The release branch is now close, i.e. the release is frozen, for
> further changes. This means that commits to the release branch will
> fail without explicit authorization.

I got this message on Boost.Geometry this morning on the ggl-mailing list:

> In mingw32 g++ 4.5.2 with NDEBUG defined I've received errors:
>
> boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/overlay/handle_tangencies.hpp:309:13:
> error: 'cout' is not a member of 'std'
>
> boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/overlay/handle_tangencies.hpp:364:9:
> error: 'cout' is not a member of 'std'
>
> There are #ifdefs BOOST_GEOMETRY_DEBUG_ENRICH commented out.

Was my fault and I just fixed it. Is it still possible to merge this
minor fix into the release branch? It is only one file, contains no
side-effects, no libraries are dependant on this new library. If not
merged, it will give compiler errors to users not including <iostream>
(and theoretically might give spurious output but that is not expected).

If permitted I will do the merge tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks, Barend