Subject: Re: [boost] [quickbook/doxygen] copydoc from internal header
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-15 18:22:35

On 12 June 2011 12:30, Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> however if i simply add it to the list of files to be parsed by bjam, it will be
> included into the reference (see [1]). is there any clean way to parse the file
> with doxygen but avoid it to be listed in the class reference?

I'm not sure as I don't know how copydoc works, but I know of two ways
to suppress a header.

You can add "INTERNAL ONLY" to the header description, i.e. add to your header:

    /*! \file
     * INTERNAL ONLY
     */

The other way is to use a stylesheet parameter which lists the headers
to include. From tools/boostbook/xsl/doxygen/doxygen2boostbook.xsl:

  <!-- Set this parameter to a space-separated list of headers that
       will be included in the output (all others are ignored). If this
       parameter is omitted or left as the empty string, all headers will
       be output. -->
  <xsl:param name="boost.doxygen.headers" select="''"/>

So you can add something like this (to your doxygen rule I think):

    <xsl:param>"boost.doxygen.headers=boost/heap/b_heap.hpp
boost/heap/skew_heap.hpp"

But it's pretty tedious to list all the files in that manner.

I'm not sure how either of those will affect copydoc though. If
Doxygen generates xml for each class individually I think it should
work.