Subject: Re: [boost] C++ AMP
From: Orhun Birsoy (orhunbirsoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-16 12:53:59

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Mathias Gaunard <
mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 16/06/2011 14:29, Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 14:04, Neal Becker<ndbecker2_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting:
>>>
>>> http://techreport.com/discussions.x/21134
>>>

>>> I've read about it yesterday and my first thought was "will it be
>> cross-platform?".
>> So far, it don't seem so, but it's not clear at all (or maybe I missed
>> some
>> informations?).
>>

> It's for Visual Studio, DirectX and Windows.
>
> It doesn't seem particularly compelling compared to things like Thrust.

In this talk Herb Sutter mentioned that it would be an open standard so that
other compilers can also implement it.
And although he didn't go into details, he also mentioned AMD is already
working on providing implementation for other platforms. I assume it means
OpenCL and/or non Windows

I don't have link right now but amd's developer website has links to that
key note. It was pretty interesting.

--
Orhun Birsoy