Subject: Re: [boost] Library suggestion - audio IO
From: Philip Bennefall (philip_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-16 16:05:50

Hi Christian,

They do in terms of functionality, but the license for PortAudio for
example, is BSD style and is rather unsuitable for my application. I am
writing middleware, and using BSD or LGPL code would mean that my end users
would have to include a lot of license text in their distributions just
because my middleware uses certain components. The Boost license does not
require this. There are plenty of other implementations of many things found
in Boost (graph algorithms, string processing, regular expressions,
date/time etc etc), but the Boost versions are still very much called for.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall