Subject: [boost] [gsoc]Boost.Ustr Unicode String Adapter First Preview
From: Soares Chen Ruo Fei (crf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-17 15:50:10

Hi all,

I would like to inform you all that the development repository for
Boost Unicode String Adapter (now I call Boost.Ustr) is now available
at GitHub: https://github.com/crf00/boost.ustr. I have been working
closely with my mentor Chad Nelson on the design of the library, and
now I'd like to show it to the community to gather some feedback
before proceeding further on.

Currently the main class, unicode_string_adapter, provides a uniform
way for code point access from various string containers without
having to concern about the underlying encoding and code units.
unicode_string_adapter will not handle higher level Unicode processing
tasks such as abstract characters, as I plan to leave the
functionality to another class called unicode_abstract_character which
I will build later.

At the moment my library only works under GCC with C++0x enabled, as I
was focusing on the design issues first. I also understand that I have
not adopted the Boost way of building the project. While I am now
going to spend more time on fixing these issues, I hope that this
discussion can have more focus on the design issues instead.

Feel free to let me know any potential issues on the class design so
that I can fix it before it is too late. Thank you!

cheers,

Soares Chen