Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in multi-dimensional array class templates.
From: Brian Smith (bjs3141_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-18 18:38:47

The boilerplate expression templates have already been implemented for
scalars, vectors and matrices. The original idea was to include the
various matrix types and supply algorithms for the algebra that did
not rely on LAPACK since Fortran layout or adaptation of it has not
been implemented. At some point collaboration would probably have been
necessary, either that or integration of a suitable library written in
C++. Other commitments however have slowed progress and your
observation about the work involved is well received. At the moment
I'm not sure of the best way forward for the development of this part
of the library. As far as the multi-dimensional arrays are concerned
expression templates have not been implemented the rudiments were put
in place for anyone to roll their own. In general though that will not
be necessary since the intention was for them to be useful as is.

Regards
Brian