Subject: Re: [boost] [1.48.0] Schedule discussion
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-20 16:03:25

>> 5 weeks is not enough to start something big, I'd consider 1.48 to be
>> little
>> more than a bugfix version, a 1.47.1 in other words.
>
> Part of the reason for having frequent releases is so that they aren't
> 'something big'. I think including Boost.Move is enough to justify a
> release. And it might also include the new version of the unordered
> containers.

I understand the theory, but I like the routine of planing in 3 months
cycles. Uncomplicated and I know when the release branch is going to be
closed when the calendar does not work.
A release after 5 weeks is likely to force me to maintain 2 versions.
Frankly, I'd have preferred to wait a week more and get Boost.Move into the
1.47.

Christophe