Subject: [boost] [quickbook][phoenix] Can't build Phoenix as a PDF.
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-21 14:01:53

Just a heads up that I'm currently unable to build the Phoenix docs (in
libs/phoenix/doc) as a PDF for 1.47.

The issue is that there are a few anchors:

phoenix.preface
phoenix.description
phoenix.how_to_use_this_manual
phoenix._emphasis_role__bold___emphasis____to_joel_s_dear_daughter__phoenix__emphasis___emphasis_

which are placed at <chapter> scope in the Docbook XML - this is legal
according to the Docbook DTD, but produces invalid FO when using the latest
Docbook XSL stylesheets (results in an <fo:inline> at <fo:flow> scope which
isn't legal.

Although this is probably a Docbook bug, it's not entirely unreasonable:
anchors at <chapter> or <book> scope appear outside any logical page
sequence in the FO, hence the error.

Am I correct in thinking that these anchors are created by quickbook?

Thanks, John.