Subject: Re: [boost] [review][assign] Formal review of Assign v2 ongoing
From: Brendon Costa (brendon.j.costa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-21 16:19:36

Hi,

I did briefly skim over the docs and compare between v1 and v2. The
only point I have right now is that the docs for v2 are much less
motivating compared to v1. The examples provided in v1 are clear and
simple. In v2 I find the syntax less clear for describing the purpose
of what is trying to be achieved. This could just be a documentation
issue or an issue in the new library I have not had a chance to look
through it thoroughly.

To summarise that point, I read v1 docs and think, hey this library
might be useful to make some things in my code clearer. Reading the
docs for v2 i wonder why i would bother as the syntax looks
complicated compared to manually doing the assigns. From looking at
the v2 docs i was not motivated to want to use this library.

I think there needs to be more motivating examples. A case in point is
the very first example shown. It has so much more in it than just
showing off Assign v2 and it makes the purpose of Assign v2 more
difficult to understand. Most of the example is the loop and not the
assign.