Subject: Re: [boost] Assign V2 - first impression
From: er (er.ci.2020_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-23 07:23:54

On 6/23/11 3:21 AM, Denis Shevchenko wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I think Assign 2.0 is not simple library. It's not as technical view as just
> first impression.
>

> IMO, library that designed only for simplify the filling containers *MUST*
> be simple.

That's a very candid assessment which I hear loud and clear, and does a
very good job of summarizing the overwhelming impression. But I do think
that this proposal fits with the mandate of Boost to seek code reuse,
modularity, and convergence towards the C++0x standard. I have given
specific arguments to that effect in previous comments. The question is,
I think, whether there is sufficient ground for bringing this design and
its documentation to meet the demand for greater simplicity? Thanks.

PS: The example was not meant as the analogue of hello world. On the
contrary, but it seems that is has baffled reviewers more than it has
impressed them ;-)