Subject: [boost] [1.47][Random][Serialization] Undocumented changes
From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-24 17:55:20

Hi there,

just a short note to say that there seem to be two changes that to me appear
to be important enough to be documented in the changes section of 1.47:

- In Boost.Random: There seems to be a new requirement for a static
std::size_t URNG::precision() function in uniform random number generators.
Since I roll my own, I ran into the missing function when trying out the
Beta 1 of 1.47
- In Boost.Serialization: A very annoying bug seems to have been fixed:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4842 . This one prevented me from
recommending any Boost version newer than 1.43 to our users, so it is pretty
important for me that it has been fixed.

Otherwise 1.47 beta 1 looks fine to me (Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit, g++ 4.5.2 .

Best Regards,
Ruediger