Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Request for Feedback on Boost.Bloom Filter Project
From: Alejandro Cabrera (cpp.cabrera_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-28 21:42:09

Joel,

Joel Young wrote:

> Alejandro Cabrera <cpp.cabrera <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> My apologies regarding the statement on Boost Serialization. I thought
>> that
>> it wasn't actively maintained.
>
> No problem.
>
> Out of curiosity, have you seen the NPS Bloom filter package linked to
> here:
>
> http://afflib.org/
>
> Joel

I had not heard of it before. I've also been informed of the existence of
this alternate Bloom filter library:
http://tech.blog.greplin.com/lucene-utilities-and-bloom-filters

Mailing list,

There are definitely many alternatives out there. I'll be writing benchmarks
during the next week testing collision rates, insertion speed, and query
speed for the following types: integer, string, user-defined (URL class
saving URL as a string). Are there any other metrics the community is
interested in? Are there any specific types of data that you'd like to see
tested?

-Alej