Subject: Re: [boost] Merge Boost.Build branding changes to release
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-29 10:16:52

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Vladimir Prus
<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I would like to ask for permission to merge a couple of Boost.Build
> "branding" changes to the release branch:
>
>        https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/72773
>        https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/72793
>
> They are mostly changes in messages, except for a bit in bootstrap.{sh,bat}
> that installs a differently named binary. Obvious, it would be better
> to merge that later, and I apologise for doing this at this time, but then:
>
> - The change is easy
> - I've tested it on Windows and Linux, and it does not depend on anything
>  much
> - Most of associated code changes are already merged to release branch
> in due time, and leaving this change outside would just make things more
> confusing.
>
> Comments?

Even though it is late in the process, I'd like to see these changes
applied to 1.47.0. While naming is partially cosmetic, users will
benefit from less chance of confusion. But before this change is
authorized, the release managers want to give others a chance to
comment.

Thanks,

--Beman