Subject: Re: [boost] [1.47.0][random] Regression test failures
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-29 13:28:51

On 6/29/2011 10:14 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>> The following are failing on critical platforms (Darwin/Linux/Windows
>> with recent GCC or VC++ releases):
>
> Also Boost.Random which is failing all it's tests with gcc-4.6. This is
> also causing issues for a couple of the Math lib tests. It would be
> really good to see this fixed for the final release.

All of the failures in Boost.Accumulators are also due to changes in
Boost.Random. I reported them to the Boost dev list a while back, and
Steven Watanabe said he was investigating. Steven?

Boost.Random is only used by the Boost.Accumulators tests. That is,
despite what the regression tests say, Boost.Accumulators is *not*
broken -- in fact, it hasn't changed this release at all. I could mark
it up, but probably better would be to take Boost.Accumulators out of
the test matrix completely until the issues are resolved. Is there an
easy way to do that?

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing