Subject: Re: [boost] returning floating point values from a metafunction
From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-01 13:54:08

--- On Fri, 7/1/11, Kenny Riddile wrote: > I was just trying it for fun.  I already had a > preprocessor macro solution, but wanted to see > how feasible a pure TMP solution would be. > This is fairly accurate though: > > http://pastebin.com/jz69vxYn I've found that a pure TMP solution would have quickly bogged down MSVC and GCC over even moderate amounts of compile-time trigonometric calculations. The proposed MPL.Math sublibrary mixes PP and TMP in an attempt to balance accuracy and minimal template instantiations. It has several working examples that should be enough at least to satisfy your curiosity. HTH, Cromwell D. Enage