Subject: [boost] Namespace policy: putting names in boost::detail
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-04 12:25:21

A GSoC student and I are currently converting a library to use the
namespace boost::simd.

Some of the implementation details of the library are not simd-specific,
and we would like to use them in some other libraries that extend
boost::simd.

Would it be ok to put them in the boost::detail namespace, or is that
considered as bad as putting stuff in the boost namespace?

We need to inject overloads and specializations into a unique namespace
for boost.simd and NT2, so we could need two names, like
boost::detail::dispatch and boost::detail::specialize.