Subject: [boost] Boost
From: Joshua Boyce (raptorfactor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-08 04:05:15

Hey all, Ruben over at the MinGW-w64 project has started providing a Clang
toolchain built upon MinGW-w64.
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2011-July/016005.html

I just tried compiling Boost trunk r72754 with it, and figured I'd post the
output here so work can commence bringing it in line with GCC via MinGW-w64.

90% of the errors seem to be a result of a 'call to deleted constructor'
which seems to be caused by the shared_ptr library (or its usage)... Then
the remaining 5% seem to be quite similar in nature, so it doesn't look like
stuff will be too horrible to fix, but I don't know enough about the
implementation of shared_ptr to fix it at the moment.

One other thing to take into consideration will be the lack of a Clang
Windows toolset. Currently when you set your toolset to Clang under MinGW,
Boost treats it as Clang-Linux. I'm not sure what exactly that will
affect...

The script I used and the resulting output is available here:
http://www.raptorfactor.com/code/Boost-Clang-MinGW-Output-20110708a.zip

Thanks..