Subject: Re: [boost] [TTI] Review
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-11 15:13:03

On 7/11/2011 2:45 PM, Joel falcou wrote:
> See :
>
> https://github.com/MetaScale/nt2/blob/master/modules/sdk/include/nt2/sdk/details/preprocessor.hpp
>

> for the file, line 85 and after.
>
> The point is it works without variadics

Line 87: #define NT2_PP_DETAILS_STRIP_PARENS_I(...) 1,1
Line 91: #define NT2_PP_DETAILS_TEST_ARITY_I(a,b,c,...) c
Line 96: #define NT2_PP_DETAILS_MAYBE_STRIP_PARENS_2_I(...) __VA_ARGS__

Clearly it needs variadic macro support.

I have already added a REMOVE_PARENS ( the equivalent to NT2_PP_STRIP(X)
in your URL above ) to a proposed addition to pp-lib which I am
discussing with Paul Mensonides, based on the updated variadic macro
support on which both of us worked and which is now in the Boost trunk.

My point is also that I may well be able to simplify the
BOOST_TTI_TEMPLATE macros in TTI using variadic macro support
techniques, as Lorenzo suggested, but I do not feel correct in dropping
macro support support for compilers which do not support variadic macros
although I understand there are few of them left.

Eddie