Subject: Re: [boost] Which compilers are not supported for 1.48 ?
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-16 00:51:31

2011/7/16 Lars Viklund <zao_at_[hidden]>:
> The world needs more compilers, and it saddens me when new libraries are
> developed and deployed claiming to be portable but only really builds on
> recent GCC and maybe MSVC.

Let me simplify the question:
VC++6 and other old compiler builds are totally broken in multiple
wide used libraries.

1) Shall I fix and commit bugfixes for those errors (hundreds of
them)? I have no time to fix them all.
2) Shall I do nothing?
  2.1) Do we need code, old/deprecated headers that does not work at all?
  2.2) Why don`t post a warning/error for a user, that this compiler
is not supported and '21 error(s), 1674 warning(s)' are not the user
fault?
3) Shall I post bug reports for library maintainers?
  3.1) They have opened bugs even for new compilers... When will be
the fixes ready? Will be there any fixes?

Best regards,
Antony Polukhin