Subject: Re: [boost] updating history in beta site
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-17 17:47:48

On 17 July 2011 22:17, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've tried to add some item to 1.47 history in the beta site. I've edited .qbk file, and
> then went to site_tools directory. According to:
>
>        http://www.boost.org/development/website_updating.html
>
> I am supposed to run 'site-tools.py update' there, but there's no such script, and running
> 'update.py' results in an error.

It is the beta site, it's where I do development so sometimes things
don't work and haven't been documented yet. I tend to work on this
kind of thing at the beginning of the release cycle, so that it's not
changing as we prepare for the release.

Btw. please try to avoid making changes to the release notes after a
release, it causes them to reappear in people's feed readers which
annoys them.