Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion] html docs woes
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-18 03:26:18

On 7/18/2011 12:12 AM, Thomas Heller wrote:
> On Sunday, July 17, 2011 11:33:22 PM Eric Niebler wrote:
>> In essence, you're optimizing for svn users who don't have net
>> access and aren't savvy enough to set up the doc toolchain. I'd
>> wager that that's a set with a very small membership. :-/
>
> I wouldn't necessarily say so. For one, the doc toolchain setup is
> not very easy and second, the docs take quite a while to build.
> Additionally, if i just instruct the user: go checkout current trunk
> for feature X, I can directly point her to the svn url to the
> documentation of said feature, even before he checks out the complete
> svn trunk.

Even easier: you as library maintainer can build the docs whenever they
change and upload them to a place of your choosing, as Daniel was
suggesting, and as I do for Proto
(<http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/libs/proto/>). All the benefits
without forcing everybody who uses svn to download all the Fusion HTML
docs every time they change. You can even leave a redirect file in svn,
and Daniel was suggesting, so the user doesn't even need to know the
special URL ... they're just taken there.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing