Subject: Re: [boost] Which compilers are not supported for 1.48 ?
From: James Mansion (james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-19 15:12:04

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:16:36 +0100, Sebastian Karlsson <sairony_at_[hidden]>
wrote:
> I think it's counter productive to tailor code around vendor specific
> work arounds, instead the vendors should fix their issues. It's better

This is an appalling attitude - not towards vendors, but towards users.
The only way to get bug fixes in Boost is to rev forward to new releases,
and you appear to have the attitude that if that requires compiler upgrades
its just tough. Life, in reality, is not like that on any non-trivial
production system: Boost is just one component: the compiler builds all
the components. Its a non-trivial upgrade, and likely not an agile one.

James