Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion] html docs woes
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-19 23:30:54

On 7/19/2011 6:43 PM, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> On 7/19/2011 10:51 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>> I appreciate the trade-offs, but IMO in the long run checking in
>> generated artifacts usually hurts more than it helps.
>
> Thanks for your input, Dave.
>
> We haven't had problems and as noted, quickbook now eliminates spurious
> diffs in generated html. What exactly do you mean by "usually hurts
> more than it helps". How will it hurt? What are we missing?

Just today, you committed a change to the fusion/doc/sequence.qbk
without the corresponding changes to the HTML. (Because we were
discussing it, maybe?)

  https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/73247

So I just generated the new Fusion HTML docs and did an svn diff. The
resulting diff file is 1,617 lines, and is too large for me to post
here, weighing in at 112K. The vast majority of those diffs are
spurious, such as:

and

Can you tell me why I'm getting so many diffs? AFAIK, I'm using an
up-to-date quickbook.exe.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing