Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion] html docs woes
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-20 01:58:06

On 20 July 2011 06:20, Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 7/20/2011 11:30 AM, Eric Niebler wrote:
>>
>> So I just generated the new Fusion HTML docs and did an svn diff. The
>> resulting diff file is 1,617 lines, and is too large for me to post
>> here, weighing in at 112K.
[snip]

> If that's the case, then that is clearly unacceptable. I was under the
> impression that this has been fixed? Daniel? Hartmut? John?

Not fixed, but improved. In a previous check-in (r72930) the svn diff
of the generated html was 872K.

The improvement was acheived by adding ids to headings in quickbook,
because if they don't have them docbook generates random ids for them.
There are still ids generated for some things. I had a look at recent
changes to the spirit documentation and fixed a couple of them the
other day (on legalnotice and footnotes). Looking at the fusion
documentation there also seem to be a few for tables, which I can
probably fix. But I don't think I can completely fix this, certainly
not for anyone using a boostbook generated reference.

The last revised dates are generated by quickbook. It'd be quite easy
to add a flag to suppress them. I don't like them much anyway, since
they tend to be misleading.