Subject: Re: [boost] [range] Should ranges really propagate constess to the data ?
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-23 11:13:05

on Fri Jul 22 2011, Samuel Debionne <debionne-AT-hydrowide.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> Here is an example code that motivates my question :

<snip>

Well, if we want something like std::vector to be a Range, then we have
to accept that at least *some* Ranges do propagate constness. And I'm
pretty sure that we don't want other Ranges (std::pair<char*,char*>) to
propagate constness. So unless the documentation says otherwise, I
would assume that the concept doesn't say anything about whether
constness is propagated. If you want to write generic Range code you
have to account for both cases.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing