Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] TTI
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-26 17:03:08

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Noah Roberts <roberts.noah_at_[hidden]>wrote:
[...]

> One thing that I think is missing is the option to check for a named
> callable within a type. For example, one might want to use enable_if style
> concept checking. So long as a type has function 'xxx' that takes arguments
> of type x,y,and z, and returns something convertible to type A, the concept
> is obeyed. I don't believe this can be done with C++03, but with C++1X I
> was able to do something using decltype.

[...]

Actually, you can approximate it pretty well in C++03 (using derivation and
using tricks) to the point that I think it will work pretty much as you
expect except for nullary member functions, where your queries must be more
restrictive. This is a useful query, but I believe Edward has decided it to
be outside the scope of TTI.

- Jeff