Subject: Re: [boost] [context] MinGW support?
From: Nathan Ridge (zeratul976_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-27 04:54:12

Hi Oliver,

> > Thanks! I'm happy to report that I can build the library and compile and run
> > an example program now.
> >
> > However, if I try to compile a program using the library with --std=c++0x,
> > I get the following linker error:
> >
> > In function `boost::contexts::detail::context_base<boost::con
> > texts::protected_stack>::context_base(boost::contexts::protected_stack&&,
> > bool, bool)':
> > output_iterator_range.cpp:(
> > .text._ZN5boost8contexts6detail12context_baseINS0_15protected_stackEEC2
> > EOS3_bb[
> > _ZN5boost8contexts6detail12context_baseINS0_15protected_stackEEC5EOS3_b
> > b]+0x41): undefined reference to
> > `boost::contexts::protected_stack::protected_stack(
> > boost::contexts::protected_stack&&
> > )'
> >
> > What can I do to fix this?
> >

> something wired with boost.move - with std=c++0x it required to change
> the move assignment op from
>
> protected_stack tmp( boost::move( other) ); // use move-copy-ctor

> protected_stack tmp( other);
>
> I would vote that using --std=c++x0 is not supported until this issue is
> fixed/clarified in boost.move.

Would it be possible for you to provide a patch, either to Boost.Move
(since we have to use a non-trunk version anyways) or to Boost.Context,
that gets this to work?

I think this is important to fix; while there is no rush for a library
to use C++0x features itself, it should not block users from using
C++0x features elsewhere in their program just because they use the
library.

Thanks,
Nate.