Subject: Re: [boost] BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT in C++
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-27 11:59:58

Eric Maes wrote:

> If anyone can give assistance that would be great. I am so new to
> Boost that I'm not sure I am using the right nomanclature to describe
> what is occuring. Any help that I can get will be much appreciated.

Look at the most recent documentation. The problem if import/export
declaration definition is a confusing and long standing. It came up
littlle by little as boost serialization has crept into more and more
ambitious projects involving DLLS. I believe it's definitively fixed
now. (I always believe that). The solution is in the more recent
library versions. It properly separates the concept of EXPORT
declaration from implemenation.

Robert Ramey