Subject: Re: [boost] [reflect] Introducing Boost.Reflect
From: Daniel Larimer (dlarimer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-30 17:05:55

On Jul 30, 2011, at 4:40 AM, Jose wrote:

> I hope you propose boost::reflect for review soon and then mature all
> the other bits in a library that enables other concurrency models and
> is a good brother for asio.

I take it as a high complement that you consider boost::reflect worthy to be considered for review soon. I am willing to submit it if I can can get enough feedback on it.

1) Does the name describe what it does?
2) Does the library fully address the problem within the scope of practicality?
3) Other reflection attempts have not been accepted for one reason or another.
        - Boost.Reflect vs Boost.Mirror
4) Would a different name better 'reflect' what the library does?
5) Are there any features missing?
6) What must be done before it can be submitted?
        - license info, unit tests, etc?

Would it be more aptly named for its type-erasure, vtable, any_ptr<>, interface than its simple visitor-based reflection?

The library is ready for informal review now and my goal is to morph it into something that is ready for full review (as quickly as possible),
so any feedback / direction would be very helpful.