Subject: Re: [boost] boost] Boost.Atomic, pushing forward and a little request for help
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-02 15:07:17

Tim Blechmann wrote:
>>> , but if you consider it blocking please just let me know what I
>>> would need to do to clear the path.
>>
>> Get a review manager.
>
> would one of the review managers be interested in managing the
> review? or what are the requirements for a possible review manager? i
> guess, i would
> not really
> qualify as i am biased?

You mean review wizards?

Everyone wants atomic to be accepted, so we are all biased. What the review is going to do is determine if it is ready for release, and if not, what needs to be done before it is released. No matter how much you want the library to be accepted, you still won't accept it with glaring flaws that would hurt your own library that depends on it. The review will help bring these flaws to the surface so that we can fix them. Even after the library is released the community will provide feedback and patches to get support for more platforms added in. It is important to get the library out there so that we can leverage the wider user community to improve it, we just need to do that in a responsible way so that it at least works well on several of the dominant platforms so that at least the majority of users will benefit rather than be harmed by attempting to use it. As review manager that responsibility would be yours.

Regards,
Luke