Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Documentation improvement suggestions
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-05 04:42:16

As far as I know, this is not possible - but you can provide a link so that the puzzled can click drill down for more explanation.

This is widely used to provide links to outside reference sources like Wikipedia. IMO they are very easy to add and very helpful to the less-well-informed reader.

(One of the virtues of the Quickbook toolchain is that it can (and does) produce single file PDFs. These include hyperlinks, but not tooltips.)

HTH

Paul

PS Don't forget too that John Maddock's Autoindex is now available. You can index C++ class, function etc names from the Doxygen reference, and also index terms (that the author thinks may be useful) in the text part. To ensure that the index takes the reader to the 'page' containing the index term, it is wise to avoid too long sections, so I would advise using sections quite freely - no bad thing anyway (as one reader of your draft commented).

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK
+44 1539 561830  07714330204