Subject: Re: [boost] [numeric] Adding numeric_cast_traits.hpp on 08/11 (today) breaks trunk
From: Brandon Kohn (blkohn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-12 10:12:49

On 8/12/2011 9:59 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
> The failure I saw occured on msvc-10.0 as well as gcc-4.6.0 so you
> should revisit your tests so that they catch such a failure.

It doesn't happen with my vc10 installation. When you look at your vc10
version, what does it say? Mine is Version 9.0.30729.1. I didn't test on
gcc-4.6.0 as cygwin seems only to have up to 4.3.4. Otherwise, I'm not
sure what else I could have done to foresee these issues. My tests
really did build, and really did pass. Honest ;).

> Daniel James' update fixed the problem but tests should show the problem
> in the first place.

I checked the trunk regression tests this morning and began to work
through the issues I found. Your tone seems to suggest that I have done
something incorrectly; however, I'm not sure what more I could have
done. I don't have access to every compiler boost supports.

I assumed that the general way of collaborating on Boost is to test on
what compilers are available and then consult the regression tests at
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html to
address those issues that exist on compilers that one does not have
available. I'm not sure development on this scale could work any other way.

Regards,

Brandon