Subject: Re: [boost] The Lonely Song of the MPL Maintainer -- or Boost support for antediluvian compiler and the future supprot of C++11
From: Joel falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-14 02:49:06

On 14/08/11 00:31, Edward Diener wrote:
> The problem is simply that very few compilers really support the vast
> majority of C++11 features at this moment. So while it should certainly
> be a goal to support C++11 any library which is based on it will find
> very few compilers for awhile.

10 years ago, C++03 was not that supported by many compilers. Boost
effort to push the boundaries forced the compiler vendor to adapt adn
support more stuff. I think Boost can do the same with C++11: forcing
vendors to actually care. I really don't want C++11 go the C99 way
because nobody used it. It's a vicious circle : you don't use C++11
cause vendor don't support much so vendor don't add more support cause
nobody use it.