Subject: Re: [boost] The Lonely Song of the MPL Maintainer -- or Boost support for antediluvian compiler and the future supprot of C++11
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-15 09:27:56

> <radical>
> Going further, shouldn't we start thinking at boost 2.0 which will
> definitevely let c++03 die its peaceful death and start, on a voluntary
> effort, move boost component toward C++11. I know we have a fully working
> Fusion for 0x only. mpl, proto and other strategic infrastructure libraries
> should benefit from that. Some are a trivial port like Boost.PP and all the
> TR1 boost library that will just either disappear or forward the C++11
> version.
> </radical>

Joel, you know I'm in favor of this :) but you might want to hold off
any serious effort until there are a reasonable number of compilers
(say, 2?) supporting variadic templates, decltype and auto, and
template aliases -- especially the last. You may find yourself
committing designs today that may be dramatically improved with a
little extra language support.

Andrew