Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in Boost.Array companion: StaticVector - A statically allocated fixed capacity vector
From: Andrew Hundt (athundt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-15 16:43:51

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Kim Barrett <kab.conundrums_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> This sounds like it might have significant overlap with Thorsten Ottosen's
> auto_vector (http://www.cs.aau.dk/~nesotto/boost/auto_buffer.zip), which
> is in the boost review queue (
> http://www.boost.org/community/review_schedule.html) but does not yet have
> dates assigned.

This does look like it meets many of my goals as well. Am I correct that
this would be similar to the vector in the Container library, where the
memory would be local to the allocator supplied as a parameter?

Sticking as closely as possible to boost.array as possible with added
tracking of the size of what is stored inside it as I do here may still be
useful. I also had a goal of keeping StaticVector as a POD object. Can that
be achieved with a custom allocator? I don't modify allocators frequently so
I'm not familiar with all the details and implications of their design.

Cheers!
Andrew Hundt