Subject: Re: [boost] [containers review] A reminder that the containers review ends tomorrow
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-17 05:55:13

El 17/08/2011 11:31, Vicente Botet escribió:

> I had no time to do a review even a minimal one, but as other, I
> expect the library will be accepted as all the containers merit to be
> 1st class citizen Boost libraries.
>
> For the standard containers I will suggest to have a mode that
> doesn't use any extension not defined by the standard. I have not a
> deep opinion on which should be the default behavior, but the
> standard seems to be a good compromise.

For "extended" functions this would be easy. I think I should add also a
comment on extended functions documentation to state clearly the
function is an extension.

> For features that are allowed by the standard, but not required, as
> recursive containers, it will be great if there is a macro that is
> defined when the library provides the optional feature.

It's not that easy. Some implementations, say, MSVC, most containers
work with recursive types and it is not easy to detect recursive types.

Best,

Ion