Subject: Re: [boost] Lighweight header-only version of Boost.Filesystem?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-20 09:38:33

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Mathias Gaunard <
mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I.....>Therefore, I would really like it if there was a lightweight
> header-only version of Boost.Filesystem.
> I don't need the full extent of features; I just need to have the ability
> to do the following portably:
> - read all files of a directory
> - create directories
> - remove files and directories
> - rename files and directories
>
> The first point being the most important.

A header-only version would be a nice feature to offer.

But it may be more time consuming to implement than it would appear. Vicente
Botet tried to do the same with Boost.System, and ran into problems.

It seems to me that there should be some general recipe to create
header-only libraries with identical functionality to the compiled library
version. Has anyone figured out what that recipe is?

--Beman