Subject: Re: [boost] [containers] Templated map::find?
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-22 09:47:16

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 03:35:04PM +0200, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Mathias Gaunard
> <mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >> Would something like this be possible to add to Boost.Containers,
> >> considering that going through the typical standard routes would have a
> >> latency of a couple years at best? I'm told that the Boost.Intrusive
> >> containers already supports this.
> >
> > That would make Boost.Containers not standard-conforming, unless the
> > function was given a different name.
>
> Does the standard require exact function signatures?

Good question. On one hand, in the MS SC++L there's some variation in
the set of insert overloads I believe.

I could guess that one reason would be that code that relies on that
there would be only one overload would suddenly cause
unresolved-overload errors (use case: bind(&map<K,V>::find, this, ..)

I was not quite aware that Containers was intended as a 1:1
implementation of the 11 containers, probably fooled by the set of
non-standard containers bundled in the library.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]