Subject: [boost] [GSoC] Coerce summary and request for feedback
From: Jeroen Habraken (vexocide_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-23 07:32:55

Hi,

As the Google Summer of Code has ended yesterday I'd like to thank
Google and my mentor Hartmut Kaiser for the opportunity and guidance.
Whilst Coerce is an on-going project (it's more than a year old
already, time does fly when you're having fun) the GSoC sped up
development significantly.

To summarize Coerce for those not familiar with it, it's a
type-to-string and string-to-type conversion library aiming at speed
and extensibility. During the GSoC the following major things have
happend:

 * Added tests, catching bugs and allowing me to prevent bugs in the
future (hopefully).
 * Rewritten the tag system to be more flexible.
 * Added documentation, the latest version of which can be found over
at http://vexocide.org/coerce/.

In general the library matured, and while it's not done yet (the
documentation in particular) I believe it's approaching production
stability with the number of impacting changes dropping significantly
over time. The current code can be found at
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/coerce/ and as usual I'd be
grateful for any comments or critique. If you have questions do not
hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Jeroen Habraken

P.S. If you're still using construe_cast (a previous incarnation of
this project) please consider migrating to Coerce as I plan on
removing https://github.com/VeXocide/construe_cast soon.