Subject: Re: [boost] [proposal] raw move (was: [interest] underlying type library)
From: Christopher Jefferson (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-23 08:14:13

On 23 Aug 2011, at 13:06, Julian Gonggrijp wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Hereby I propose the following additions to Boost. I also volunteer to
> (help to) implement these additions.
>
> I. Default templates for underlying_type_traits and move_raw.
> II. Implementations of the value-permuting STL algorithms, making use
> of move_raw.
> III. Template specializations of underlying_type_traits and move_raw
> for the STL containers.
> IV. (if deemed necessary) Matching concepts.

Can you first of all give a good example (with source) of where using move_raw would out-perform move assignment / constructors from C++0x, particularly in any standard library function (random_shuffle has a fairly small implementation for example). I don't really see how it will help that much.

Chris