Subject: Re: [boost] [proposal] raw move (was: [interest] underlying type library)
From: Julian Gonggrijp (j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-23 11:08:00

Christopher Jefferson wrote:

> Simple reasons can be misleading. Are you sure the gain is substantial enough?

No, to be honest I'm not sure. I'll write a benchmark.

However, I don't really see why you would want to include operations
in your code of which you know beforehand that they schould be
optimized away by the compiler. Part of the reason to adopt move
assigments was exactly that: we don't want to insert operations in our
code of which we know beforehand we don't want them executed.

> As well as discussing, has anyone else come up with good benchmarks (I couldn't find any in the thread you referred to).

Not that I know of.

-Julian