Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Review results for Lockfree
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-23 13:15:55

Hi Hartmut,

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> Atomics Library
> ---------------
> As the initial review announcement stated, Lockfree depends on an external
> Atomics library, which has to be separately reviewed in order to get into
> Boost as a first class library. There has been some discussions whether
> Lockfree could be accepted without Atomics being reviewed. Others suggested
> Lockfree may be reviewed and added to Boost SVN only after Atomics got
> reviewed (this was mentioned in the review announcement as well).
>
> After all those discussions and based on the wide interest Lockfree data
> structures have, I'd suggest to add the current Atomics library as an
> implementation detail to Lockfree.

I didn't review the Atomics code because Tim said he wanted to wait for
it to be reviewed and accepted separately. Did anyone else look at
it? If this were to change and it were to be included in Lockfree as
an implementation detail, I feel that a mini-review of the Atomics code
would be worthwhile.

Regards, Phil.