Subject: Re: [boost] [Containers] Marshalling deques
From: Michael Goldshteyn (mgoldshteyn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-25 16:01:19

"Brian Wood" <woodbrian77_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

>that I'd like to mention. Does the deque in the Containers library have
>support for accessing the chunks it uses? Would you be willing to add a
>function that gives that? Tia.

>Shalom,
>Brian Wood

I think that having a “configurable” deque class template is one of the best
things that could be offered by a boost Containers library. I have always
wondered why noone wrote a version of the deque class template that allowed
the configuration of such things as the page / block size, rather than have
it be determined by a compile time formula based on the size of the data
type being stored. It would seem to me that the page / block size is one of
the more critical pieces affecting the size / speed tradeoffs in a deque’s
performance when there are many insertions taking place.

Michael Goldshteyn