Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Conversion review ends today
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-29 12:07:49

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 7:41 AM, Gordon Woodhull <gordon_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Folks,
>
> The review of Vicente's Conversion library ends today.
>
> Unfortunately there have only been four reviews, which is hardly enough to
> provide proper feedback.
>
> If you've considered writing a review or if you have any thoughts about the
> topic, please speak up now. Or if you'd like to submit a late review, just
> let me know.

Gordon,

I'm considering writing a review, but it will necessarily be late (sometime
this week?).

My initial inclination is to vote against acceptance of the library due to
what I currently perceive to be a lack of "real-world use", since it seems
like the margin of error for "getting it right" for these extrinsic
conversion operators is pretty small. However, I intend to review the
documentation to provide feedback nonetheless.

Vicente, if you have some real-world use cases that you know of, please
share.

- Jeff