Subject: Re: [boost] miscompilation: boost.mpi, gcc 4.6 and c++0x
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-30 13:08:40

On 30/08/2011 14:34, Christophe Prud'homme wrote:
> Dear Boost Developers
>
> I created the ticket [1] several month ago regarding an issue between
> g++-4.6 with option -std=c++0x and boost.mpi
> I haven't had any feedback yet. Any idea wether boost or gcc is at fault here ?

In C++0x, the construct member function of allocators has been changed
to do perfect forwarding of their arguments.

The allocator defined by Boost.MPI does not do this, since it follows
the C++03 way of defining allocators.

As far as I know, no versioning system was added in the standard to
distinguish the two types of allocators.
A shame, since it leads to problems like this.