Subject: Re: [boost] Name and Namespace for Potential Boost ExtendedFloating-Point
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-31 15:28:43

________________________________
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>
To: boost_at_[hidden]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:31 PM

John,
I'm aware of what you are doing with BigNumbers and the E-Float libraries. I understand that each one is working on different parts. What I was proposing is just that both use the same namespace.

Best,
Vicente

It's a good idea. Something like boost::math::multiprecision::mp_real.
My only concern is that it would add too much bulk to the already large
Boost.Math. Consider the long-term goal of extending mp_real
(or whatever it might be called) to thousands or millions of digits,
requiring FFTs and quite a bit of infrastructure bulk.

It might be best to keep Boost.Math free of this stuff.

Sincerely, Chris.