Subject: Re: [boost] Name and Namespace for Potential Boost Extended Floating-Point
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-01 00:22:09

Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Christopher Kormanyos
> <e_float_at_[hidden]>wrote:

In the interest of clarity I would prefer to see mp_float and not float_ in user code that *use* the namespace.

float_ in no way intuitively means multiprecision floating point data type.

Intuitively, I would expect float_ in a boost library would mean a type that wraps a literal floating point value in a type for metaprogramming and might be declared something like:

template <float f>
float_ : float_c<f>;

Regards,
Luke