Subject: [boost] [Review] Boost.Endian - template requirements and scope
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-06 15:39:30

Hi,

I have not found the requiremenst of the endian class template parapeter
T and conversion functions. What are they?
Could them be added to the documentation?

I have not found a tutorial on how to use the endian conversions. Could
you give an example that shows how easy is to use them with UDT?
Collections of UDT?

Could the user overload the conversion functions for UDT?

While the predefined endian types are useful I guess that the user could
instantiate the endian class with a UDT, isn't it? Could you post a
working example and add it to the documentation?

The scope of Boost.Endian is integer types. Aren't floating point types
and endianness related? If the scope of the library is limited to
integers, maybe Integer.Endian could be a better name?

Best,
Vicente