Subject: Re: [boost] Template metaprogramming libraries
From: Gordon Woodhull (gordon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-08 23:15:53

Hi Abel,

This sounds like interesting work! Exceptions in TMP? Wow.

On Sep 7, 2011, at 4:29 PM, Ábel Sinkovics wrote:

> metaparse
>
> A tool for building embedded DSLs in C++. This is a compile-time parser
> generator library. Using it one can build parsers that take compile-time
> strings as input text and parse them as part of the C++ compilation
> process. One can think of it as using Spirit at compile-time.

I've also done some compile-time parsing, though not of strings, but of types (specifically, of template expressions). I'd be interested to see if our approaches are similar; I'll take a look.

My code is at
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/metagraph/boost/metagraph/angly
It basically constructs a DFA and runs it at compile-time

If you don't hear back on this thread, you should write to the moderators at boost-owner@ the same domain in order to get sandbox access.

Info is here:
http://www.boost.org/community/sandbox.html
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostSubversion
Although, your code doesn't really need to be in the sandbox to get reviewed.

Cheers,
Gordon