Subject: Re: [boost] Template metaprogramming libraries
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-09 15:44:01

Le 07/09/11 22:29, Ábel Sinkovics a écrit :
> Hi Boost developers,
>

> Here is a short summary of the libraries:
>
> metaparse
> safe_printf
> metamonad
> metatest
Hi,

I find in general all your libraries quite interesting.

What are the dependencies between these sub-libraries?
> Unit testing library for C++ template metaprograms. If a metaprogram
> test case fails, it does not produce compilation error, but makes the
> result information available at runtime. Using this one can generate
> advanced reports and integrate the results into unit testing frameworks
> for runtime C++ code. The library contains code that integrates it with
> Boost.Test.
A meta program test case fails if you call static assert on some static
condition, isn't it. If the user uses Boost.Test or any other kind of
runtime check then the compilation doesn't fails. I'm wondering what
metatest adds to Boost.Test then?

> I would like to ask you for access to the Boost sandbox and I would
> appreciate all feedback from the Boost community.

I hope to comeback with more comments of your libraries soon.

Good work,
Vicente